Sometimes, when there is a voltage spike or power loss, the computers's power suplly protects itself by shutting down. This means you won't be able to turn the computer back on immediately after the power break.
What should you do: pull the power cord, ther press the computer;s power button. This will drain the remaining power stuck in your circutis . Then, plug in the power cable and you;re done.
joi, 28 octombrie 2010
miercuri, 13 octombrie 2010
joi, 7 octombrie 2010
marți, 5 octombrie 2010
The stantard Logon screen can be changed, if you wish to. Follow these steps (as seen here ) :
1. Download the registry file from here. Extract the file and double-click on the file to enable this feature (Alternative method: right-click, select Merge).
2. Now, head over to the following folder:
C:\Windows\System32\oobe (“C” is your Windows Seven Installation drive)
3. Here, create a new folder named Info. Again, create a new folder inside the Info folder and rename it as backgrounds.
4. Copy your favorite image file to this folder and rename it as backgroundDefault. Note that the image must be in JPG format and the size should be less than 256 KB.
5. You are done. Reboot your system and see the change.
I did changed my Logon screen but for some reason, i can't use Print screen after i press Win+L . You'll just have to try it youreself.
luni, 4 octombrie 2010
I find that virus scan very very useless, so i decided to turn it off. To do that, write in the adress bar: about:config then search for browser.download.manager.scanwhendone or just paste it . Double clicking it will do the trick.
For some reason, Windows Audio Service stops in the middle of a movie or when music plays. I don't know the cause, but first you need to check the Audio service: type in Search filed : services.msc , then scroll to Windows Audio and , if it's stopped, strart it. If not, you cand simply restart playback by reopening the desired application (Firefox, Winamp, etc)